Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Finally Got a Smartphone!

Maybe it was fate. Maybe it was luck. Maybe it was because I shouldn't wash my phone under the sink. For whatever reason, I was forced into getting a smartphone yesterday.
It's been a long time coming, with my younger brother and father getting smartphones much earlier than I did, with them insisting I get one. My main reason for not getting one earlier is because I do not want to be addicted to my phone. I see many people spending hours on apps and games that, in my opinion, will not lead to anything productive. Again, that's just my opinion; maybe Fruit Ninja preps doctors for surgery.
So I got the Samsung Galaxy Ace II X. And like Keven, my new official 'phone guy', warned, it would open a whole new world for me. Here's a list of things I can do now that I couldn't before.
  • Facebook and Twitter
  • Instagram: amarasooriya
  • SnapChat: deathcheater
  • INTERNET!: Wi-Fi and data now available, connecting my Android phone to my Google account.
  • A camera to be proud of.
  • A password lock on my phone: my previous phone had three ways to unlock it but none involved knowing a pattern, PIN, or a password.
  • Music: This technology was invented? What a grand time to be alive!
  • Not having to go back and forth between my Inbox and Sentbox to follow a conversation.
  • Flashlight: it gets dangerous at night and useful in blackouts.
  • Movies, video player.
  • Read books and magazines (Cosmopolitan, get ready for a life-time subscrption!).
  • Maps/GPS
  • Cool background displays/wallpapers: You could use pictures? I thought blue, green or grey coloured backgrounds were the only option for everyone!
  • Finally can download the York Safety App I have on my own poster.
So here I go into life with a smartphone. I've deleted multiple pages and only downloaded limited amount of apps. I hope my training with my first phone has prepared me to spend the same amount of time or less on my phone.
R.I.P. Samsung Gravity Touch.
May 2011-June 24 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment